Following buildings are listed on the National Register
Area of Significance:
Community Planning And Development, Commerce
Period of Significance:
Area of Significance:
Vacant/Not In Use
Mukai Cold Process Fruit Barrelling Plant **
Architect, builder, or engineer:
Asian, Landscape Architecture, Commerce, Agriculture
Agriculture/Subsistence, Commerce/Trade, Domestic, Landscape
Business, Garden, Processing, Single Dwelling
Commerce/Trade, Domestic, Landscape, Vacant/Not In Use
Business, Garden, Single Dwelling
Point Robinson Light Station ** (added 2004 - District - #04000359)
Also known as Robinson Point Light Station
NE end of Maury Island in Puget Sound, Vashon Island
U.S. Lighthouse Service, 13th Dist., U.S. Lighthouse Board
Classical Revival, Colonial Revival
Architecture, Maritime History, Transportation
1875-1899, 1900-1924, 1925-1949, 1950-1974
Shawnee House (added 2000 - Building - #00001449)
Also known as Shaw, Millard F. and Josephine, House
11608 SW Shawnee Rd., Vashon
Van House, Max A.
Bungalow/Craftsman, Colonial Revival
Architecture, Exploration/Settlement, Transportation
Secondary Structure, Single Dwelling
Steen, Helmer and Selma, House
10924 SW Cove Rd., Vashon
Vashon Hardware Store
17601 99th Ave. SW, Vashon
Gorsuch, F.C., Harrington, A.C.
Additional landmarks from the King County Historic Preservation List
The Judd Creek Bridge was built in 1953 on Vashon Island, and is significant for its association with the development of local transportation systems in the mid-twentieth century, and for its association with noted Washington State bridge engineer and designer, Homer M. Hadley, whose concept for the Lake Washington floating bridge in 1921 is frequently cited as the first of its kind proposed for civic use. The Judd Creek Bridge is also significant as an early example of the concrete hollow-box (box girder) type of bridge construction. Various factors precipitated the expanded use of concrete, including World War II and post-war era steel shortages, and advances in methods of calculating structural loads which simplified the design process and ultimately lead to the construction of large-scale, complex continuous concrete structures. The Judd Creek Bridge is the best-preserved of three extant examples of the earliest concrete box girder bridge design built in King County between the years 1951-53. By the late 1950s, concrete box girder type bridge design was widely used throughout Washington State . The Judd Creek Bridge was designated as a King County Landmark in 2004.
Harrington-Beall Greenhouse Company
Norman Edson Studio, 1890s
Thomas McNair House, 1884
Marjesira Inn, 1906
Vashon Odd Fellows Hall, 1912
Copyright 2007 - 2009 Sustainable Tourism on Vashon © , All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be copied or reproduced in any form without written permission.